- Native speaker of German
- Study of English and Dutch in Bremen and Berlin
- Study of Computer Science in Bremen (intermediate diploma)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at the Free University of Berlin, 2008
- Translator and project assistant at RWS Berlin from 2006 – 2011
- Freelance translator since 2011
- 2015: Became a member of the DVÜD
- 2017: Became a member of the VGSD
I’m the person you should be talking to if you’ve got a text in English or Dutch in the fields of IT, marketing or technology. As a trained computer scientist, I have a special affinity for everything to do with information technology and an in-depth technical understanding. I translate user manuals, safety data sheets, brochures, press releases and white papers, and I also localise websites from an SEO point of view. In addition, I have experience with legal texts, such as contracts, annual reports and consolidated financial statements. As a native speaker, I translate exclusively into German.
To share knowledge and undertake professional development is very important to me. For the professional freelance translators’ association DVÜD, I organise regular catch-ups for colleagues in Leipzig and take advantage of its professional development opportunities. In the VGSD, I stand up for the interests of self-employed people and, at the same time, benefit from the association’s lobbying work. By attending seminars and conferences, I expand my professional knowledge and maintain my professional network.